Abbotswick (or Abbotswick Hall) at Navestock Side, in the English county of Essex is a small country house standing in a well-timbered garden with a small lake. It dates from about 1800 but was rebuilt early in the 20th century. In 1817 it was described as the seat of Adam Chadwick.
In 1986 a charitable trust was established to run the property as a 'house of prayer'. In the words of the registered objects of the charity, Abbotswick was dedicated to "encouraging and enabling individuals and the community at large to promote and persist in the practice of prayer".
In 2003 the property was transferred to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brentwood (Brentwood Diocesan Trust). Since the beginning of September 2004 the house has been run by the Community of Our Lady of Walsingham.
The House of Prayer is open to all who are seeking spiritual renewal, guidance and healing, whether as individuals or a group. Abbotswick continues to provide a quiet place to which they can go to meet God in prayer and be inspired to holy living.