Ashford (Surrey) railway station
Template:Infobox UK station Ashford railway station is a railway station in Ashford, Surrey in the borough of Spelthorne in South East England. Although the station signage displays only Ashford, the station is referred to in timetables, and as printed on railway tickets, either as Ashford (Surrey), or Ashford (Middlesex) (from the old postal address), in order to differentiate it from Ashford International railway station in Kent.
The station was opened in 1848 by the Windsor Staines and South Western Railway Company. Absorbed by the London and South Western Railway, it became part of the Southern Railway during the Grouping of 1923. The station then passed on to the Southern Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948.
When Sectorisation was introduced in the 1980s, the station was served by Network SouthEast until the Privatisation of British Railways.
The station is owned by Network Rail and managed by South West Trains, who provide all train services from the station. The station is between Staines and Feltham on the line from Waterloo to Windsor.
The typical off-peak service from the station is:
- 4tph (trains per hour) to London Waterloo
- 2tph to Windsor and Eton Riverside
- 2tph to Weybridge
- Ashford (Surrey) station high eastbound.JPG
Looking towards London
- Ashford (Surrey) station high westbound.JPG
Looking towards Staines
- Ashford (Surrey) station signage.JPG