The Bundeshaus is a building complex in Bonn, Germany, which functioned as the site of the plenary sessions of the German Bundestag between 1949 and 1999. The main building, constructed between 1930 and 1933, served as a Pedagogical Academy until the end of the Second World War. After the resolution of the Hauptstadtfrage (Capital Question) in 1949 in favor of Bonn, the structure was converted into the provisional home of the Bundestag and Bundesrat.
For over forty years it served as the seat of both constitutional bodies. The Bundeshaus was expanded and renovated numerous times until these institutions were transferred to Berlin after the Hauptstadtbeschluss (Capital Resolution) in 1999, nine years after the German reunification. The parliamentary chamber then became the "Internationale Kongresszentrum Bundeshaus Bonn", now known as the "World Conference Center Bonn", in which national and international conferences take place. The southern part of the building is to become the headquarters of the Climate Secretariat of the United Nations as part of the "UN-Campus", including the former Abgeordnetenhochhaus and the office block known as "Langer Eugen" (Tall Eugene, nickname of Eugen Gerstenmaier, former President of the Bundestag).
The Haus der Geschichte provides the opportunity to book guidances and to visit the Cold War home of the Bundesrat and Bundestag.