Template:Dablink thumb Burtscheid (Latin language: Porcetum) is a town in western Germany, near Aachen. It was founded in 997 AD and was an independent town till 1897. From 1816 it was administrative capital of the district of Aachen. In 1897 Burtscheid became part of the city of Aachen. It is part of the Aachen-Mitte Stadtbezirk.
Inhabited since ancient times by Celts and Romans, who were attracted by the presence of hot springs. Burtscheid Abbey was founded here in 997 by emperor Otto III, with Gregor von Burtscheid as its first abbot. It was finished in 1016-1018.
Burtscheid is today a health resort.