Campden Hill is an area of high ground in west London between Notting Hill, Kensington and Holland Park.
The area is characterised by large Victorian houses which are part of the Phillimore estate. Aubrey House is situated on Campden Hill.
The street called Campden Hill runs from Campden Hill Road to Holland Park. It was built on part of the grounds of the former Bute House.
Bute House was built c.1812, and was named after the second Marquess of Bute who lived there from 1830 until 1842. The next occupant was the Honourable William Sebright Lascelles, the brother of the third Earl of Harewood; his widow Lady Lascelles lived there until 1856. The sixth Duke of Rutland lived there from 1865 until his death in 1888. The last owner was Blundell Charles Weld, a Lancashire landowner, who renamed the house Blundell House. After he left the house in 1912 or 1913 it was demolished.
1 Campden Hill was built in 1915 by Edward P. Warren for Colonel Edmond Hills, President of the Royal Astronomical Society and his wife Juliet. From the 1950s to 2001, it was the residence of the Ambassador of Uruguay and has since been marketed by the Phillimore Estate as a private home.
Campden Hill Gate, a mansion block, was used for the filming of the ITV dramatisation of the Agatha Christie short story, "The Adventure of the Cheap Flat" (1990) in their Agatha Christie's Poirot series. Earlier Campden Hill had been the setting for a popular mystery story by Victor Bridges: The Red Lodge: A Mystery of Campden Hill (1924).
The Windsor Castle is a Grade II listed public house at 114 Campden Hill Road, dating from 1826.<ref name="English Heritage">Template:Cite web</ref>
It is also the site of reservoirs established in the 19th century by the Grand Junction Waterworks Company and the West Middlesex Waterworks Company.