Circo Massimo (Rome Metro)

From Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Template:Infobox station Circo Massimo is a station on Line B of the Rome Metro. It was opened on 10 February 1955 and is sited at the east end of the Circus Maximus, after which it is named, near the headquarters of the FAO, originally built as the Ministero delle Colonie. Until 2002 the Obelisk of Axum also stood near the station. It has two separate exits on either side of the viale Aventino.

Surroundings

  • Porta Capena
  • Baths of Caracalla
  • Passeggiata Archeologica
  • Aventino
  • Via dei Cerchi
  • Roseto comunale
  • rione San Saba
  • Viale Aventino
  • Stadio delle Terme

Churches

  • Santa Balbina all'Aventino
  • Santa Sabina
  • Santi Alessio e Bonifacio
  • Santa Prisca
  • San Saba
  • San Gregorio al Celio

Template:Clear left

External links

Template:Portal Template:Commonscat-inline

Template:Rome Metro navbox



Template:Italy-railstation-stub Template:Rome-metro-stub