Clock House railway station
Clock House railway station is in the London Borough of Bromley in south east London, in Travelcard Zone 4 between Beckenham and Penge. The station and all trains serving it are operated by Southeastern on the Hayes line.
The station, which was opened by the South Eastern Railway in 1890, is named after the nearby residence of the Cator Family, demolished in 1896. Clock House retains its original street level booking hall and the remnants of its platform canopies and was formerly known for its tendency to flood whenever overwhelmed by the Chaffinch brook. The station name can be spelt either Clock House or Clockhouse. For example, the previous station signage used the latter (historically inaccurate) form, whilst the published timetables use the former version. The new Southeastern re-branded station signage and livery has since corrected this inaccuracy.
The typical off peak service is:
- 2tph (trains per hour) northbound, calling at all stations to Cannon Street
- 2tph northbound calling at all stations to Ladywell then fast to London Bridge, Waterloo East and Charing Cross
- 4tph southbound calling at all stations to Hayes
The station is a short walk from the Beckenham Road stop on the Tramlink light rail system and Kent House station station on the London - Orpington line. Bus stops on roads adjacent to the station provide interchange with the following bus services (as of January 2008):<ref name=spidbha>Template:Cite web</ref>
- 194 – Sydenham – Croydon;
- 227 – Bromley – Crystal Palace;
- 354 – Bromley – Penge;
- 358 – Orpington – Crystal Palace;
Platform Two (trains towards Hayes) has step-free access, but Platform One (trains towards London) is steps-only.
|Template:Fontcolor towards Charing Cross, Cannon Street|
|Template:Fontcolor towards Hayes|
|<center>Side Platform Platform 2|