Template:Unreferenced Template:Infobox UK place East Barnet is an area of North London within the London Borough of Barnet bordered by New Barnet, Cockfosters and Southgate. It is a largely residential suburb whose central area contains shops, public houses, restaurants and services. East Barnet is close to the M25 and the A1 and M1.
|# no census was held due to war|
|source: UK census|
From 1894 until 1965 East Barnet formed part of the East Barnet Urban District of Hertfordshire. In 1965, it was transferred from Hertfordshire to Greater London; and its former area was amalgamated with Barnet Urban District, Friern Barnet Urban District, Finchley Borough and Hendon Borough to form the new London Borough of Barnet.
Barnet local elections are held every four years to elect councillors. East Barnet is covered by two wards:
- East Barnet Ward - East of the railway line and north of Parkside Gardens / Stuart Road.
- Brunswick Park Ward - East of the railway line and south of Parkside Gardens / Stuart Road.
Note: St Mary the Virgin – the Parish Church of East Barnet – is actually in Brunswick Park Ward.
- 125 - Winchmore Hill (Station Road) to Finchley Central
- 184 - Barnet (Chesterfield Road) to Turnpike Lane bus/tube station
- 307 - Barnet (Arkley Hotel) to Brimsdown railway station
- 326 - Barnet (the Spires) to Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 382 - Southgate tube station to Mill Hill East tube station
- 383 - Barnet (the Spires) to Woodside Park tube station - Monday to Saturday except late evenings
- 384 - Barnet (Quinta Drive) to Cockfosters tube station
- Railway stations nearby
- Oakleigh Park - First Capital Connect
- New Barnet - First Capital Connect
- Tube stations nearby
- Cockfosters - Piccadilly Line
- Oakwood - Piccadilly Line
- High Barnet - Northern Line
- Totteridge & Whetstone - Northern Line
- Primary schools
- Danegrove School (formerly Littlegrove Junior School and Oaklands Infant School)
- St. Mary's School
- Church Hill School
- Monkfrith School
- Secondary schools
- East Barnet School
Theatre and the Arts
Bodens Performing Arts School, aka Bodens, is located in East Barnet. It was founded in 1973 in Enfield, and has since moved to its current site. It is a performing arts school offering Arts education to children and teenagers from the ages of 3 to 18. The Studios are located on East Barnet Road, along with the 'Tony Boden Theatre' which is on premises.