Edmonton Green railway station
Template:Use dmy dates Template:Use British English Template:Infobox London station Edmonton Green railway station is a station in the London Borough of Enfield on the White Hart Lane branch of the Lea Valley Lines. The station and all trains serving it are operated by Greater Anglia. It is in Travelcard Zone 4 and receives services from Liverpool Street station.
The station was opened near the now closed Lower Edmonton (low level) railway station as "Edmonton Green" on 22 July 1872 by the Great Eastern Railway (GER) on its new more direct line from central London. It was renamed "Lower Edmonton" on 1 July 1883. The original name was re-adopted in 1992 as being more indicative of the area served and to promote the nearby Edmonton Green Shopping Centre. The ticket office was rebuilt in the early 1980s. Ticket Barriers were installed in 2012.
Bus routes 102, 144, 149, 191, 259, 616,and W6 terminate near the station. Routes 192, 279, 349, 491, N279, W8, 231, 217 and 215 call at or near the station.
The typical off-peak service at the station in trains per hour is:
- 2 northbound to Enfield Town calling at Bush Hill Park
- 2 northbound to Cheshunt calling at Southbury, Turkey Street, Theolbalds Grove
- 4 southbound to London, Liverpool Street calling at Silver Street, White Hart Lane (for Tottenham Hotspur football club), Bruce Grove, Seven Sisters (for London underground Victoria line), Stamford Hill, Stoke Newington, Rectory Road, Hackney Downs, London Fields, Cambridge Heath and Bethnal Green
In late June 2013, as part of the 2013 Spending Review, Chancellor George Osborne gave the commitment for the devolution of the Seven Sisters and Chingford lines of West Anglian Suburban to TfL by the end of 2015. As such the station will then transfer to TfL control.
- Edmonton Green stn look north2.JPG
- Edmonton Green stn look south2.JPG
- Edmonton Green stn signage.JPG
Signage on southbound platform, July 2008.
- Edmonton Green ticket Office.JPG
The interior of the ticket office.
- The new ticket machine at Edmonton Green.JPG
The new ticket machine in the ticket office.
- Enfield town Station.JPG
- Edmonton green station.JPG