Enfield Lock railway station
Template:Use dmy dates Template:Use British English Template:Infobox London station Enfield Lock railway station is in the London Borough of Enfield in north east London, and is in Travelcard Zone 6, on the Tottenham Hale branch of the Lea Valley Lines, on the West Anglian Railway. The station, and all trains serving it, are operated by Greater Anglia.
Enfield Lock was the main station for the Royal Small Arms Factory until its closure in the late 1980s, and now serves the large housing development on the site known as Enfield Island Village, as well as the nearby Innova Science and Business park.
The railway line from Stratford to Broxbourne was opened by the Northern & Eastern Railway on 15 September 1840. The station itself was opened by the Eastern Counties Railway in 1855 as Ordnance Factory, later renamed to Enfield Lock.
The lines through Enfield Lock were electrified on 5 May 1969.
London bus 121 and the 491 stop adjacent to the station.
- Enfield Town railway station
- Enfield Chase railway station
- Enfield Lock stn entrance.JPG
Entrance to southbound platform
- Enfield Lock stn southbound.JPG
Platforms looking south
- Enfield Lock stn northbound.JPG
Platforms looking north
- Enfield Lock stn level crossing.JPG
Looking north towards Ordnance Road level crossing
- Enfield Lock stn level crossing closed.JPG
Ordnance Road level crossing in closed position
- Enfield Lock stn signage.JPG
Signage on platform with National Express logo on the right, indicating proximity to Innova Business & Science Park
- Enfield Lock railway station 1.jpg
Level crossing looking west in 2005