Ewell East railway station
Template:Use dmy dates Template:Use British English Template:Infobox London station Ewell East is a railway station in Ewell, Surrey. It has two platforms, one for services to Sutton, West Croydon and London, the other for services to Epsom. The ticket office and main entrance is on the London-bound side, accessed from Cheam Road. On the Epsom-bound side, there is an additional entrance from a footpath linking the Cheam Road with Reigate Road near the North East Surrey College Of Technology.
It was opened in 1847 with the Croydon and Epsom Railway. This was subsumed into the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway. Train service is now provided by Southern.
Ewell East has been part of Travelcard Zone 6 since January 2007.
Current service levels (off-peak, Monday to Friday) are:
- 1tph Cheam, Sutton, Clapham Junction, London Victoria
- 2tph all stations via Mitcham Junction except Wandsworth Common and Battersea Park to London Victoria
- 1tph all stations via West Croydon and Norbury to London Victoria (with a faster connection to Clapham Junction and London Victoria at Sutton). After 7pm these services run via Crystal Palace rather than Norbury.
- 1tph all stations to Horsham
- 3tph Epsom only
- Ewell East stn look south.JPG
Platforms looking south
- Ewell East Station 02.JPG
The footbridge and platforms, looking south towards Epsom
- Ewell East stn look north.JPG
Platforms looking north
- Ewell East stn signage.JPG
Platform signage in Southern colours
- Ewell West railway station