Template:No footnotes The Freinberg Transmitter is a broadcasting transmitter on the Freinberg near Linz. It was established in 1928 as medium wave broadcasting station and used until 1936 a T-antenna, which hung up on two guyed masts, which were 45 metres tall.
In 1936, the T-antenna was replaced by a 165 metre tall mast, insulated against ground.
In summer 1950, the antenna mast was shortened to 120 metres, because it was too long for the new frequency and would have a bad radiation diagram.
In October 1957, the mast was again extended to 146 metres and in 1965 the transmitters were replaced by a new device.
At the beginning of the 1980s, medium wave broadcasting ceased at Freinberg. The mast is now used for FM transmission.
- List of masts