Geological Museum (Budapest)
The Geological Museum of Budapest is the main museum of geology in Hungary. It is located on the Stefánia utca in the western part of Pest.
The building was originally the home of the Hungarian Geological Society, which was established in 1869. The building was designed by Ödön Lechner in 1896. It still houses the Geological Institute of Hungary.
Its collection consists of minerals, prehistoric footprints, general information on Hungarian geology and its history, and an exhibition dedicated to the building's architect, Ödön Lechner.