Goldhawk Road tube station
Template:Use dmy dates Template:Use British English Template:Infobox London station Goldhawk Road station is a London Underground station located in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, on the south side of Goldhawk Road, about Template:Convert west of Shepherd's Bush Green. It is served by the Circle and Hammersmith & City lines in Travelcard Zone 2.
Although the line here was opened in 1864 a station was not opened at this location until 1 April 1914 when Shepherd's Bush station (now Shepherd's Bush Market) was moved from its original location between Uxbridge Road and Goldhawk Road to a location on the north side of Uxbridge Road.
The station currently benefits from a ticket office and two Passenger Operated Machines (or POM's). The larger POM, called a Multi Fare Machine (MFM) accepts UK Sterling notes, up to the value of £20 and gives change consisting of 10p, 50p, £1 and £2 coins. The smaller machine known as an Advance Fare Machine (AFM) does not give change and accepts overpayment up to 30p. Both machines accept most major Credit and Debit cards, however to help combat fraud, individual cards can only be used once a day. These machines are the standard London Underground installation at all LU operated stations.
The station also benefits from the use of Electric Service Update Boards or ESUBS. These large screen advertise service information which is updated from the Network Operations Centre, located at London Underground's head office above St James Park Tube station.
London bus routes 94 and 237 operate from outside the station from Bus stops Y and Z. Shepherd's Bush Market station is a 7-minute walk through the market and it is a 13-minute walk to Shepherds Bush Central line and London Overground stations.
There are currently two businesses operating on the station premises: a flower shop called Josie's, which has operated on the station premises for 65 years, and a cafe.
Directly across Goldhawk road is the south entrance to Shepherds Bush Market. A traditional pie and mash shop operates almost opposite the station on the other side of the Goldhawk road, as do various other eating and drinking establishments.
The station is a short walk to and from Queens Park Rangers Football club on Loftus Road.
The historic music venue currently known as the O2 Shepherds Bush Empire is a short walk from the station, originally opened in 1903 for impresario Oswald Stoll, designed by theatre architect Frank Matcham.
- Goldhawk Road stn west entrance.JPG
- Goldhawk Road stn look north.JPG
Looking eastbound (actually north here) - Both platforms have hoardings erected due to weak platform walls, which were first noticed in 2008.
- Goldhawk Road stn look south.JPG
Looking westbound (actually south here)
- Goldhawk Road stn roundel.JPG