Goodmayes railway station
Template:Use dmy dates Template:Use British English Template:Refimprove Template:Infobox London station Goodmayes railway station is a railway station at Goodmayes in the London Borough of Redbridge in east London, opened on 18 February 1901 by the Great Eastern Railway (GER) on the Main Line from Liverpool Street. The station once had an extensive shunting yard for goods traffic but this fell into disuse during Dr. Beeching's modernisation (known at the time as "axing") of the railway system in 1963, and was eventually dismantled. The site of the yard stood on the area between the present track and the High Road and has been replaced by a Tesco Extra superstore, other stores and housing. There was also a large yard area between the existing track area and Kinfauns Road. This yard area went as far as Chadwell Heath.
It is planned that Crossrail trains will call here, replacing current services. The station is in Travelcard Zone 4.
The following services currently call at Goodmayes:
|Greater Anglia||London Liverpool Street - Stratford - Maryland - Forest Gate - Manor Park - Ilford - Seven Kings - Goodmayes - Chadwell Heath - Romford - Gidea Park - Harold Wood - Brentwood - Shenfield||Class 315||6x per hour|
- Goodmayes station slow look east.JPG
Slow platforms 3 and 4 looking east
- Goodmayes station slow look west.JPG
Slow platforms 3 and 4 looking west
- Goodmayes station signage.JPG
Sign on eastbound fast platform 2, with former "one" logo obscured by blue patch on right
London Bus routes 364, 387, walk to Tesco 24hours and High Road at Goodmayes routes 86 and N86.