Hewens College (formerly Mellow Lane School) is a secondary school with academy status in Hayes, Hillingdon. The school caters for years 7–13, teaching KS3, KS4 and A Level. The school specialises in the Humanities, which include History, Geography, and English.
Hewens College is currently undergoing changes as they gained academy status in August 2011. What used to be called the humanities block has now been "refurnished" into form rooms. Timing for break and lunch have changed for all year groups. The media block is now an area mainly for 6th formers, also the main reception is situated there. Aside from these changes, the school has decided to change its name to Hewens College. There will be a new uniform (with ties for boys, but not for girls), and a new school badge. The alliance the school has made with nearby Rosedale college, has severely changed it, to the displeasure of many students.
Recent Ofsted results discovered that on all marked occasions, the 6th form achieved either 3 (Satisfactory) and 4 (Inadequate).Template:Citation needed
Notable former pupils
- Parmjit Dhanda, MP for Gloucester
- Welsh international footballer Rhoys Wiggins
- John Sissons, Barrister
- Anne-Marie Duff, British Actress
- Richard Rolle, Religious Writer
- Mellow Lane School
- Borough of Hillingdon
- Archive pictures and documents on Mellow Lane
- Mellow Lane Girls Choir - extensive information and photos of the acclaimed Mellow Lane School Girls Choir in the 1950s