Hogarth Roundabout

From Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
File:Hogarth roundabout 6890-2.JPG
Hogarth Roundabout looking north from the A316

The Hogarth Roundabout is one of London's best known road junctions. It is situated at the junction of the A316 Great Chertsey Road and the A4 Great West Road.

The Hogarth Roundabout is named after William Hogarth who lived in nearby Hogarth's House. It is also the location of the Griffin Brewery of Fuller, Smith and Turner, where beer has been brewed since 1654, the George and Devonshire pub, built in 1790, and the newly developed Hogarth Modern showroom and offices. The roundabout is noteworthy for the single lane flyover which carries eastbound traffic from the A316 on to the A4. The flyover was built as temporary measure in 1971, using the Bridgway format devised and offered to local authorities by well-connected construction firm Marples Ridgeway Ltd.<ref name=Autocar196802>Template:Cite journal</ref>

File:Hogarth roundabout 6903-6.JPG
Hogarth Roundabout looking east and south

References

Template:Reflist

External links

Template:Coord




Template:London-road-stub