Hounslow Town Primary School
Template:Multiple issues Hounslow Town Primary School is one of the earliest schools to be founded in Hounslow, London, United Kingdom. Originally occupying a building on the corner of School Road, then moving to late Victorian buildings in the centre of School Road, and finally moving in the 1930s to occupy the site on Pears Road. In caters for children up to age of 11 and includes a nursery and children's centre on site.
The first meeting to discuss a school for the children of Hounslow was held in a public house on 19 November 1830. The people present decided to open a 'subscription school' and land was provided in what is now known as School Road. Subscribers would donate money to the school and would then have the right to nominate a pupil. The original students were thus indebted to their nominating subscribers and were expected to show gratitude to them. This first school was completed in October 1831 and accommodated 44 students. In 1847 this arrangement came to an end when the school applied to the National School Society and became a National School and in 1903 it came under the control of the Education Committee and was renamed Hounslow Town Council School. As time went on and the school expanded it migrated to newer buildings further East from School Road until in finally occupied its present site from the 1930s. The old school buildings were eventually demolished in 1983.