Imperial Chemical House
thumb Imperial Chemical House is a building situated on Millbank, London, United Kingdom. It was built between 1928 and 1931 by Sir Frank Baines in the neoclassical style of the inter-war years, at the same time as Thames House, also on Millbank.
It was constructed as the headquarters for Imperial Chemical Industries. Around the fifth floor balustrade are carved allegorical figures in Portland stone, sculpted by Charles Sargeant Jagger, The Builder, Marine Transport, and Agriculture or The Sower and Chemistry.
- Imperial Chemical House 2.jpg
Thames House (left) and Imperial Chemical House (right)
- Imperial Chemical House 3.jpg
The front of Imperial Chemical House on Millbank
- Imperial Chemical Jagger01.jpg
Jagger's sculpture representing Marine Transport
- Imperial Chemical Jagger02.jpg
Jagger's sculpture "the Sower"
- Imperial Chemical Jagger03.jpg
Jagger's sculpture representing Chemistry
- Imperial Chemical Jagger04.jpg
Jagger's sculpture "the Builder"
- Sculptures at Imperial Chemical House Millbank - National Archives