Kinský Palace (Prague)
Kinský Palace (Template:Lang-cs) is a former palace and now an art museum. It is located in the Old Town area of Prague, Czech Republic.
Kinský Palace was originally built for the Golz family in the 18th century.<ref name="Burton2003">Template:Cite book</ref><ref name=Turp/> It was designed by Kilian Ignaz Dientzenhofer. It is Rococo in design. The exterior is stucco. It is painted pink and white. There are statues by Ignaz Franz Platzer on the exterior. They are of the classical elements. In 1768, Stepan Kinský purchased the house from the Golz's.<ref name=Turp/> Franz Kafka's father, Hermann Kafka, was a haberdasher. He had his store at the palace. It was located on the ground floor. Franz Kafka attended secondary school at the Palace, from 1893 until 1901.<ref name="Burton2003"/> The palace was used by Klement Gottwald in 1948 to address an audience from the palace balcony. This led to the 1948 Czechoslovak coup d'état.<ref name="Burton2003"/><ref name=Turp>Template:Cite book</ref>
The palace is now used as an art museum by the National Gallery, Prague.<ref name=Turp/>