The Kunsthaus Zürich is an art gallery in the Swiss city of Zürich. It houses one of the most important art collections in Switzerland and Europe,Template:Citation needed assembled over the years by the local art association called Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft. The collection spans from the Middle Ages to contemporary art, with an emphasis on Swiss art.
The museum was drawn-up by architects Karl Moser and Robert Curjel, and opened in 1910. The bas-reliefs on the facade are by Moser's longtime collaborator Oskar Kiefer.
The museum's collection includes works from Edvard Munch, Jacques Lipchitz and Alberto Giacometti. Swiss artists such as Johann Heinrich Füssli, Ferdinand Hodler or from recent times, Pipilotti Rist and Peter Fischli are also represented.
The gallery is served by a stop on the Zürich tram system, also known as Kunsthaus. This is located on Pfauenplatz, between the museum building and the Schauspielhaus Zürich.
- Berner Nelkenmeister 001.jpg
Johannes der Täufer in der Wüste
- Joseph Mallord William Turner 028.jpg
J. M. William Turner:
Die Teufelsbrücke St. Gotthard
- Johann Heinrich Wüest 001.jpg
Johann Heinrich Wüest:
- Arnold Böcklin 002.jpg
- Edouard Manet 078.jpg
Die Flucht des Rochefort
- Henri Rousseau 001.jpg
Henri Rousseau :
- August Macke 025.jpg
Landschaft mit Kühen und Kamel
- Official site of the Kunsthaus Zürich, with information on its history and collections