Lordship Lane Primary School
Lordship Lane Primary School is a primary school in Wood Green, Haringey, London, United Kingdom, located just off Lordship Lane.
Lordship Lane Elementary Board School opened in 1905, with an adjoining infants school situated in Granville Road. The Elementary Board school comprised junior and boys' secondary schools. In 1912 the elementary board school was extended and underwent building work to increase capacity. In 1962 the boys' secondary school was relocated to Woodside. This left separate infant and junior schools sharing the site in separate buildings. The junior school annex building was demolished in 1989, whilst additional infant school classrooms were added on in 1990 to cope with the additional capacity. A new nursery building was also added in 1990, meaning the demolition of the historic bike sheds.
In September 1998 after the dismissal of the junior school headteacher following a poor Ofsted report, the governors decided to amalgamate the infant and junior schools under one headteacher to become Lordship Lane Primary School. Building work was then carried out to join up the two buildings, with a new office and admin area added.
In 2005, the school celebrated its centenary.
Notable teachers have include Mrs L Sayers and Mrs M Taylor both of whom served the school for over 30 years.
Template:Incomplete list And adding dates.
- Mr J Rice
- Mr H Quilt
- Mr M O Bart
- Ms R Dixon
- Mrs L Noon
- Ms A Holder
- Ms Durrant