Moor Park tube station
Template:Use dmy dates Template:Use British English Template:Infobox London station Moor Park is a London Underground station in the Three Rivers district of Hertfordshire. The station is outside the Greater London boundary but is in both Zone 6 and Zone 7.
Moor Park station is located between Rickmansworth (towards Amersham), Croxley (towards Watford) and Northwood (towards central London) stations.
It lies between Sandy Lodge Golf Course and Moor Park. The station has four platforms, two for northbound trains (one for the Watford service and one for the Amersham service) and two for southbound trains to Baker Street (one for the slow trains and one for fast - although southbound services vary in the morning peak).
Despite sharing the fast lines with the Amersham/Chesham trains, British Rail (Chiltern) (now Chiltern Railways) trains to Aylesbury/Marylebone ceased calling here in 1993.
- 1 September 1887: Metropolitan Railway's extension opened from the previous terminus at Pinner, en route to Rickmansworth, passing through here
- 15 March 1899(?): Great Central Railway services began passing through here
- 9 May 1910: station opened as "Sandy Lodge"
- 18 October 1923: station renamed "Moor Park & Sandy Lodge"
- 2 November 1925: extension to Watford opened from both Moor Park & Sandy Lodge and Rickmansworth; extension of electric train services as far as Rickmansworth
- 25 September 1950: station renamed "Moor Park"
- 1959: Station rebuilt, given quadruple track.
- 1993: suspension of Chiltern services
- Template:Ltmcollection Moor Park station platforms, 1962.
- Moor Park stn northbound slow looking south.JPG
Northbound slow platform looking south
- Moor Park stn northbound slow look north.JPG
Northbound slow platform looking north
- Moor Park stn northbound fast looking south.JPG
Northbound fast platform looking south
- Moor Park stn southbound fast look north.JPG
Southbound fast platform looking north
- Moor Park stn southbound slow look north.JPG
Southbound slow platform looking north
- Moor Park stn roundel.JPG
Roundel on platform
- Moor Park stn rear entrance.JPG
Rear entrance on the London-bound side, on the footpath to Sandy Lodge