Museu Benfica

From Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Template:Infobox museum The Museu Benfica – Cosme Damião, named in honor of Cosme Damião, was inaugurated on 26 July 2013 under the presidency of Luís Filipe Vieira and was opened to the public on 29 July 2013, one year and three months after its initial construction.

Located near to the stadium, the building occupies 4,000 square metres and it is composed of three floors which are followed by a huge vertical parallelepiped made of glass exhibiting 497 trophies. The museum is split in 29 thematic areas and contains around 1,000 trophies won by the club's sports, a collection superior to 20,000 objects, documents, images, audio and video related with the history of Benfica, as well of Portugal (1755 Lisbon earthquake, Carnation Revolution) and the World (Apollo 11), audiovisual touchscreens, an hologram of Eusébio, an area displaying photos (in a loop) of Benfica supporters, and finally an elevator surrounded by video walls showing messages and images of Benfiquistas. This area transports the visitors to the geodesic dome on the top of building which displays a 17 minutes length movie about the club's history.

References

Template:Reflist

External links

Template:S.L. Benfica