Museum of Applied Arts (Belgrade)
The Museum of Applied Art (Serbian: ????? ????????? ????????? / Muzej primenjene umetnosti) is an art museum in Belgrade, Serbia.
The museum contains over 37,000 works of applied art, which reflect the development of applied art over a 2,400 year span. The oldest artifacts of the museum are Ancient Greek coins from the 4th century BC.
The Museum of Applied Art was founded on 1950 . In the first years of the existence of the museum, the museum bought a collection of over 3,000 artifacts from Ljuba Ivanovi?, an artist.
The museum is divided into seven departments:
- Metal and Jewellery Department
- Textile and Costume Department
- Furniture Department
- Department of Photography and Applied Graphic Art
- Ceramics, Glass and Porcelain Department
- Department of Contemporary Applied Art
- Department for Architecture, Urbanism and Architectural Design