Nuremberg-Kleinreuth radio transmitter
The Transmitter Nuremberg-Kleinreuth was a broadcasting facility for medium wave at Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany. It was founded in 1927 in Nuremberg-Kleinreuth at the former Broadcast Street 24, now Sigmund Street 181, in order to supply the northern areas of Bavaria with broadcast programs in the medium-wave band.
Between 1927 and 1935 this plant's transmission antenna was a t-antenna, which was spun between two 75 meter high freestanding steel framework towers.
In 1935 this antenna was replaced by a 124 metre tall tower built of wood, which became available at the change of the antenna system at transmitter Ismaning in 1934 and which was rebuilt in Nuremberg-Kleinreuth after its disassembly.
On April 6, 1950 a 100 meter high guyed mast radiator went into service at Nuremberg-Kleinreuth. The now dispensable wood tower was demolished on July 12th, 1961 due to decay.
On September 15, 1969 the Nuremberg-Kleinreuth broadcasting station was shut down, after the radio mast at Dillberg had been equipped with a cage aerial for medium wave transmission and thus could overtake the function of the transmitter Nuremberg-Kleinreuth. In 1973 the area of the transmitting plant was sold to the company Theisen KG, which allowed the remaining installations of the abandoned transmitter be demolished in order to build a factory hall there.
- List of towers