Palais Rothschild (Prinz-Eugen-Straße)
The Palais Rothschild (at Prinz-Eugen-Straße 26) is a former palatial house in Vienna, one of five Palais Rothschild in the city owned by members of the Rothschild banking family of Austria.
It was the second Palais Rothschild commissioned by Baron Albert von Rothschild, on the same street as his larger Palais Albert Rothschild at Prinz-Eugen-Straße 20-22, now destroyed.
It was designed and built in 1894 by the theatre architects Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer. The building is four storeys high and designed in a neo-classic style.
Like all Jewish property it was thoroughly plundered by the Nazis during the occupation of Austria, but the building survived without structural damage and today belongs to the Brazilian embassy, which rents it.
- burgen-austria.com - Palais Rothschild (Prinz-Eugen-Straße 26)
- planet-vienna.com - Palais Rothschild (Prinz-Eugen-Straße 26)