Radio 1 (Belgium)
Radio 1 is a Belgian radio channel operated by the Flemish public broadcaster Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep (VRT).
The channel focuses on news (with bulletins every half hour), together with discussion and debate on public policy and social issues. Radio 1 also carries live coverage of sporting events, branded "Sporza Radio".
Radio 1's musical content is a mix of contemporary and classic pop and rock music with a focus on Flemish productions, with a concentration on specialist music programming in the evening schedules.
- Radio 1 (Belgium) logo.png
- Radio 1 Flandre logo 2014.png
Radio 1 regularly allocates a limited amount of airtime for the transmission of so-called "guest programmes": that is to say, programmes produced by associations and organizations representing faith and other socio-philosophical communities recognized by the Flemish Government as having the right to make such broadcasts. At the present time (February 2014) these are:
- Centraal Israëlitisch Consistorie van België – representing Belgian Judaism
- Evangelische Radio en Televisie Omroep – Evangelical Christian broadcaster
- Gezinsbond – defending the interests of the family
- Humanistisch-Vrijzinnige Vereniging – representing secularism and free thought
- Katholieke Televisie en Radio Omroep – Catholic broadcasting organization
- Moslim Televisie en Radio Omroep – Muslim broadcasting organization
- Orthodoxe Kerk in België – the Orthodox Church in Belgium
- Protestantse Omroep – Protestant Christian broadcaster
- Radio 1 homepage (in Dutch)