Santa Maria Ausiliatrice, Rome
- For the church in Turin, see Basilica di Maria Ausiliatrice.
The titulus S. Mariae Auxiliatricis in via Tusculana was established by Pope Paul VI on June 7, 1967, by the apostolic constitution "Ad gubernacula christianae".
Created parish church on March 25, 1932 with the Apostolic Constitution "Inter pastoralis" of Pope Pius XI and entrusted to the Salesians of Don Bosco, it was designed by architects Nicola Mosso and Giulio Vallotti between 1931 and 1936.
The interior follows a plan of a mix between a Latin cross and Greek cross, with three aisles. The walls and ceiling are decorated with frescoes of Baroque inspiration, made by Giuseppe Melle between 1957 and 1965.
List of Cardinal Protectors
- Francesco Carpino, pro illa vice (1967–1978)
- Giuseppe Caprio (1979–1990)
- Pio Laghi (1991–2002)
- Tarcisio Bertone, SDB pro hac vice (2003–2008)
- Paolo Sardi (2010 - )