Seven Kings railway station
Template:Use dmy dates Template:Use British English Template:Infobox London station Seven Kings railway station is a railway station at Seven Kings in the London Borough of Redbridge in east London. It was opened on 1 March 1899 by the Great Eastern Railway on their Main Line which opened sixty years earlier.
Before the London Underground's Central line was extended from Stratford via Gants Hill to Newbury Park in 1947, Seven Kings was one of two junctions for the Fairlop Loop to Woodford via Hainault. Seven Kings West Junction (used for freight, excursion and empty stock traffic) was closed in 1956, though the other connection, from Ilford, was severed as early as 1947 due to the expansion of Ilford Carriage Sheds, which are easily visible from the western end of Seven Kings station. The carriage sheds comprise a large depot which includes two workshops.
It is planned that the Crossrail line will stop here form 2018. The station is in Travelcard Zone 4.
The typical off-peak service is of six trains per hour to Template:Stnlnk, and six to Template:Stnlnk. The services are operated by Greater Anglia. In 2018 trains will be extended through Central London to Heathrow Airport and Maidenhead.
London bus routes 86 and N86.
- Seven Kings stn slow look east.JPG
Slow platforms 3 and 4 looking east
- Seven Kings stn slow look west.JPG
Slow platforms 3 and 4 looking west
- Seven Kings stn signage.JPG
Sign on fast eastbound platform 2, with former "one" logo obscured by blue patch on the right
- Seven Kings junction.JPG
Looking west at the western end of the station towards Ilford Depot, the eastern part of which occupies the location of the connection towards Newbury Park, abandoned in 1956.