Southbury railway station
Template:Use dmy dates Template:Use British English Template:Infobox London station Southbury railway station is in the London Borough of Enfield in North London, and is in Travelcard Zone 5, on the Seven Sisters branch of the Lea Valley Lines. The station, and all trains serving it, is operated by Greater Anglia.
The railway line from Bury Street Junction, north of the current Edmonton Green station, to Cheshunt was opened by the Great Eastern Railway on 1 October 1891 when this station opened as Churchbury. The line was known as the Churchbury Loop.
The district served by the line was still predominantly rural, and the coming of the tram to Waltham Cross in 1904 saw the railway unable to compete. Passenger services ceased on 1 October 1909, but were reinstated for the benefit of munitions workers between 1 March 1915 and 1 July 1919.
After that the line was only served by freight trains until the line was electrified as part of a wider scheme, and the station reopened to passengers as Southbury station on 21 November 1960. The line is now known as the Southbury Loop.
The goods depot at the station closed in 1970.
From 2015, Southbury station along with 24 other stations will be added to the London Overground network.
The typical off-peak service from the station is two trains per hour to Cheshunt, and two trains per hour to Liverpool Street station.
London bus route 121, 191, 307 and 313