St. John's Church of England Primary School, Croydon
Template:Infobox UK school St. John's Church of England Primary School is a primary school in Spring Park Road, Shirley, Croydon, South London. It takes a single form of entry (about 30 pupils) each year, from 'Reception' (ages 4–5) to 'Class 6' (ages 10–11). It is linked to the neighbouring St John's Church in Shirley. Its school crest includes the Shirley Poppy, developed by one of that church's vicars. Template:Clarify Template:Citation needed
St John's was originally founded in a small cottage in 1834. A proper school building was constructed and opened in 1885. During World War II, the school was evacuated to Rottingdean near Brighton in 1939 and Ilfracombe, North Devon in 1940. The London site continued operating as some parents chose not to evacuate. In July 1940, the school buildings suffered damage from the air raids but no teachers or pupils were hurt. While the site underwent renovation and rebuilding, St John's shared a site with Benson Primary School. The present site was completed and opened in 1954.