St Ann's Road railway station

From Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Template:Coord

File:St Anns Rd Stn.JPG
The former station building on Seven Sisters Road, now a newsagent
St Ann's Road railway station was opened by the Tottenham & Hampstead Junction Railway on 2 October 1882. It was at the corner of St Ann's Road and Seven Sisters Road in N15, in south west Tottenham, London.

It comprised two wooden platforms, accessed by a footbridge and stairs, and a brick building.

The service at the station was generally between St Pancras or Kentish Town and Barking or Southend, however at times trains ran to some other destinations including Cambridge, Chingford and Victoria.

It was never well used, mainly as it was near South Tottenham and Seven Sisters stations, the latter gave a much faster link to The City. The station was closed on 9 August 1942 as a wartime austerity measure and never reopened. The station building survived as a newsagents until October 2012, when the building was demolished.

Template:Disused Rail Start Template:Rail line Template:End

References

Template:Reflist

Template:Disused railway stations of London





Template:London-railstation-stub