St Margarets railway station (London)
Template:Use dmy dates Template:Use British English Template:Distinguish Template:Infobox London station St Margarets railway station, in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames in southwest London, is in Travelcard Zone 4. It was opened by the London & South Western Railway in 1876 on the existing line from Waterloo to Windsor. The station and all trains serving it are operated by South West Trains. The station entrance is at the east end, nearer to London. The station is known as St Margarets (London) and St Margarets (Greater London) to differentiate it from St Margarets (Hertfordshire) railway station. It is now possible to use the Oyster card for travel here.
The typical off-peak service of eight trains per hour all terminating at Waterloo comprises:
- 4 direct via Richmond and Clapham Junction
- 2 circuitously via Kingston and Wimbledon
- 2 circuitously via Hounslow.
Normal tickets to Waterloo are not valid by second and third routes.
Trains direct to or towards London call at Platform 1. The vast majority of trains calling here stop at all stations to Waterloo. Platform 2 is now disused. Fast trains towards Waterloo use the track that passes Platform 2. There is only one outbound platform (Platform 3). Fast trains away from London pass through the station along the track for Platform 3.
St. Margaret's is often visited by passing fast services to Reading and Windsor and Chertsey, passing through platform 2 and 3.