St Olave's Hospital
St Olave's Hospital was a general hospital serving the Rotherhithe area of London until its closure in 1985.
Built originally as the Rotherhithe Infirmary in Deptford Lower Road (now Lower Road), Rotherhithe, London in the early 1870s on land adjoining Rotherhithe Workhouse, the buildings became the infirmary of St Olave's Union by Order of the Local Government Board in 1875.
After being known as the Bermondsey and Rotherhithe Hospital in the 1920s it was renamed St Olave's Hospital in 1930 and transferred from the Bermondsey Board of Guardians to the London County Council. In 1948, with the formation of the National Health Service, St Olave's was managed by the Bermondsey and Southwark Hospital Management Committee until 1966 when it became part of the Guy's Hospital Teaching Group.
The site today
Since the hospital's closure in 1985, the site has been redeveloped into the residential Ann Moss Way.