St Paul of the Cross Cathedral
right The St Paul of the Cross Cathedral (Template:Lang-bg, Katedralen hram „Sveti Pavel ot Krasta“) is a Roman Catholic cathedral in the city of Rousse in northeastern Bulgaria. It is the cathedral church of the Nikopol diocese and it is dedicated to Saint Paul of the Cross, founder of the Passionists.
Built in 1890 to the designs of the Italian architect Valentino, the cathedral is a rare example of Gothic Revival architecture (and Brick Gothic in particular) in the country. The interior is decorated with sculptures and stained glass windows.
The pipe organ of the cathedral was installed in 1907. It is the only one of its kind (with pneumatic action and with a Romantic sound) in Southeastern Europe, and was produced by the Voit company from Karlsruhe. It has two manuals and 13 stops. The instrument was damaged by the 1977 Bucharest Earthquake and it was fully restored in 2004.
- Rousse Catholic Church 1.jpg
- Rousse Catholic Church 2.jpg
- Sv. Pavel Rousse.JPG
- Voit organ rousse bulgaria.jpg
- Ruse 053.jpg