The Teltow Canal, also known as the Teltowkanal in German, is a canal to the south of Berlin, the capital city of Germany. The canal lies in both the states of Berlin and Brandenburg, and at points forms the boundary between the two. It takes its name from the Brandeburg town of Teltow that lies on its course.<ref name=bsiwg>Template:Cite book</ref> The canal was constructed between 1900 and 1906 when it was opened by Wilhelm II.
The canal is Template:Convert in length and links the River Havel near the city of Potsdam with the River Dahme near Köpenick in Berlin's eastern suburbs. The Dahme provides a link to the Oder-Spree Canal, and hence to the River Oder and Poland. Whilst the Dahme is a tributary of the River Spree, itself a navigable tributary of the Havel, the Teltow Canal offers the advantage of bypassing the centre of Berlin, with its heavy river traffic.<ref name=bsiwg/>
At its western end, the Teltow Canal incorporates the Griebnitzsee lake which links to the Havel in Potsdam. The Griebnitz Canal provides a second link to the Havel from the eastern end of the Griebnitzsee. Towards its eastern end, the Teltow Canal is linked to the Landwehr Canal by the Neukölln Ship Canal, while the Britz Canal connects the Teltow Canal with the Spree.<ref name=bsiwg/>