Théâtre Royal du Parc
Template:Infobox theatre The Théâtre Royal du Parc (French), Parktheater (Dutch) is a theatre at 3, Rue de la Loi in Brussels, on the edge of the Brussels Park facing the Federal Parliament. Its nearest Metro stations are the Arts-Loi/Kunst-Wet metro station and the Park metro station.
Built in 1782 to plans by the architect Louis Montoyer, the Théâtre du Parc was at first an annexe to the Théâtre de la Monnaie : the brothers Alexandre and Herman Bultos exploited the two theatres at the same time, with the Parc used for plays featuring young actors, as a sort of drama school for La Monnaie. It was closed in 1807 by Napoleon's decree on the theatres, but re-opened in 1814 and was occupied by a British company for a year then a Dutch company for a few months.
From 1819, the City of Brussels, owner of these two "Royal Theatres", granted a concession to one director after another. The company and repertoire were identical yet distinct, with the Théâtre du Parc specialising in vaudeville and théâtre de boulevard.
From 1850 to 1854, the Parc hosted Dutch productions, then specialised in operetta and opéra-comique, and finally (from 1869) in comedies. During the First World War both theatres were requisitioned and the Parc became a playhouse for the German garrison. Returning to Francophone theatre in 1919, it put on classic pieces featuring Belgian actors. Its present director is Yves Larec.