Theobalds Grove railway station
Template:Infobox London station Theobalds Grove railway station serves Waltham Cross in Hertfordshire, England. It is part of the Lea Valley Lines network, and train services are provided by Greater Anglia.
The railway line from Bury Street Junction, north of the current Edmonton Green station, to Cheshunt was opened by the Great Eastern Railway on 1 October 1891. It was known as the Churchbury Loop.
The district served by the line was still predominantly rural, and the coming of the tram to Waltham Cross in 1904 saw the railway unable to compete. Passenger services ceased on 1 October 1909, but were reinstated for the benefit of munitions workers between 1 March 1915 and 1 July 1919.
After that the line was only served by freight trains until the line was electrified as part of a wider scheme, and Theobalds Grove station reopened to passengers on 21 November 1960. The line is now known as the Southbury Loop.
The goods depot at the station closed in 1967. Its site is now the station car park .
The station was much changed in the early 1980s along with several other stations on the line. The roofs on both platforms were removed and modern shorter replacements were installed (similar structures were built at Seven Sisters Station at the same time). Steel stairs replaced the wooden stairs leading up to the north-bound platforms though the wooden cover was retained. The London-bound staircase was left unaltered. The ticket office was also partially reconstructed.
From 2 January 2013, Oyster cards are accepted at the station. The station is in Travelcard zone 7.
The typical off-peak service from the station is two trains per hour to London Liverpool Street via Seven Sisters, and two trains per hour to Cheshunt from where onward connections can be made. Through trains to Hertford East run on Sundays and, prior to the rebuilding of Cheshunt Station in 2006, Hertford East was the northern terminus of most trains serving the Southbury line.