Torre Caja Madrid
The Torre Bankia (until 2013 Torre Caja Madrid) (Template:Lang-en) is a skyscraper located in the Cuatro Torres Business Area in Madrid, Spain. With a height of Template:Convert and 45 floors, it is the tallest of the four buildings in the Cuatro Torres Business Area complex, surpassing Torre de Cristal by less than a metre. It is the tallest building in Spain and the 4th tallest building in the European Union.
Designed by Lord Foster, it was first known as Torre Repsol and would have served as headquarters for Repsol YPF oil and gas company. During the construction of the tower, Repsol decided to change the location of its future headquarters and the financial institution Caja Madrid purchased the building for €815 million in August 2007.
It was built by a joint venture of Dragados and Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas.
- Torre Caja Madrid (CTBA) 03.jpg
Torre Caja Madrid under construction
- Torre Repsol en Madrid2.pav.jpg
- List of tallest buildings in the world
- HSBC Building (Hong Kong), Fosters fist sky scraper. It was also vertically segmented.
- Fosters and Partners official site Template:En icon
- Halvorson and Partners Structural Engineers official site Template:En icon