Template:Infobox UK place Wennington is a small village and former civil parish in the London Borough of Havering on the outskirts of east London, within the Metropolitan Green Belt. It is situated Template:Convert east of Charing Cross.
|# no census was held due to war|
|source: UK census<ref name=vob_pop>Template:Cite vob</ref>|
The Wennington parish formed part of Romford Rural District from 1894 to 1934. During this period the parish council was a Wennington Parish Council. Following a county review order in 1934 it became part of Hornchurch Urban District and the parish council was abolished. Hornchurch Urban District was abolished in 1965, and with it Wennington became part of the London Borough of Havering in Greater London.
Wennington forms part of the Rainham and Wennington ward of Havering.
It lies at a junction on the A13 road south east of Rainham and Wennington Road. It consists of mostly scattered houses and the Wennington Hall farmhouse. The village has a population of around 300.
Wennington is located at the eastern end of the London Riverside section of the Thames Gateway redevelopment zone and is planned to be the site of the London Riverside Conservation Park.
- Rainham railway station
- Purfleet railway station
Culture and community
Wennington also has its own Football Team, Wennington Rovers FC managed by J Smith after Craig Hosler retired and was inducted into the Football Hall of Fame. They play their home games at Spring Farm Park, Rainham.