West Green railway station
Template:Infobox Closed London station West Green railway station was on the abandoned Palace Gates Line in North London. It was in West Green on the north side of West Green Road, west of the junction with Philip Lane, and near the Black Boy public house.The Great Eastern Railway opened it on 1 January 1878. Competition from nearby railway lines and the Underground Piccadilly line rendered the Palace Gates line unprofitable and the line and the station were closed for passenger services on 7 January 1963 and for freight on 5 October 1964.
Afterwards the shallow cutting that housed the station was filled in and the site is now occupied by a school and sports field. Two small buildings from the station frontage were used as shops until their demolition in August 2003.
- Disused station website - West Green Station - includes a 1968 photo of the station before its demolition.