Westminster Millennium Pier
Westminster Millennium Pier is a pier on the River Thames, in the City of Westminster in London, UK. It is operated by London River Services and served by various river transport and cruise operators.
It is located next to Westminster Bridge on the north bank of the Thames, and is close to one of London's most promininent landmarks, Big Ben.
The development of Westminster Millennium Pier was funded by the Millennium Commission as part of the Thames 2000 project, and it was one of five new piers opened in 2000 by the Commission on the Thames (the others being Blackfriars Millennium Pier, London Eye Pier, Tower Millennium Pier and Millbank Millennium Pier). Its creation was funded by the project as part of an integrated transport and regeneration strategy for the Thames led by London's Cross River Partnership.
The pier is served by various services including:
- summer leisure cruises between Westminster and Greenwich (City Cruises)
- the Westminster to St Katharine's Circular (Crown River Cruises)
- Westminster tube station for Circle, District and Jubilee lines
- Waterloo tube station is a short walk over Westminster Bridge
- Waterloo railway station for National Rail (also over Westminster Bridge)
London River Services
- London Eye Pier (also over Westminster Bridge)
London Buses Buses stopping on Westminster Bridge are the nearest services.
thumb North bank
- Big Ben and the Palace of Westminster
- Westminster Abbey and St. Margaret's, Westminster
- Churchill Museum and Cabinet War Rooms
- The Boudica statue
- London Eye
- London Aquarium
- Dali Universe
- Florence Nightingale Museum