Cohen House, London
Cohen House is a private house on Old Church Street, Chelsea, London. It was designed and built in 1935-6 by the architects Erich Mendelsohn and Serge Chermayeff.
The house was built for the Cohen family. It adjoins 66 Old Church Street designed at the same time by Walter Gropius and Maxwell Fry. The latter house has been altered beyond recognition.
By comparison Cohen House is well preserved. The large conservatory was designed by Norman Foster in the 1970s.
Although less successful than the De La Warr Pavilion, the house was a prominent Modernist building in a city still then largely untouched by Modern architecture. It 1970 it was designated as a Grade II* Listed Building.