Template:More footnotes Template:Use dmy dates Template:About Template:Infobox UK place The Coldharbour Estate is a housing estate in South East London, England, located in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. It is situated Template:Convert east south-east of Charing Cross.
The Coldharbour Estate was originally developed in 1947 on the site of Coldharbour Farm, between the towns of Mottingham and Chislehurst, by the Metropolitan Borough of Woolwich. Originally created in garden suburb style in order to house borough residents made homeless by The Blitz, it was officially opened by Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother in May 1952 at Coldharbour library.
Coldhabour Farm and subsequently the Coldharbour Estate were a civil parish of Kent until 1889 when it became part of the County of London and from 1900 formed part of the Metropolitan Borough of Woolwich. The metropolitan borough was abolished in 1965 and Coldharbour then became part of the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
William Barefoot Drive, named a former mayor of Woolwich, forms the main road running through the estate. It is bounded by Altash Gardens to the north, Green Lane to the east, Mottingham Road to the east and Hever Croft to the south. Other roads on the estate are also named after local personalities and historical events, such as Kingsley Wood Drive and Great Harry Drive.
The two primary schools located on the Coldharbour Estate are Montbelle Primary School and Greenacres Primary School