Difference between revisions of "Leszczy?ski Residence"
(Automatischer Import durch Python-Skript)
Latest revision as of 23:15, 30 June 2015
thumb thumb The Leszczy?ski Residence (Kamienica Leszczynski) - also called the Pra?mowski, Pastoriusa, Rautenstrauchów or Dobrycza - is a rococo-classical home at 87 Krakowskie Przedmie?cie, in Warsaw.
The main facade has a decorated portal, openwork balconies with balustrades. Dating from the lattice of the coat of arms of the Leszczynski's.
It was built between 1734 and 1743 for Joachim Pastorius, a doctor and royal historian, as of a four-storied facade. Since the mid-17th century it was owned by Warsaw juror K. Waltera, from 1666 by Miko?aj Pra?mowski, the Crown Chancellor and Polish Primate.
In 1754, after being purchased by the Leszczynski family, it was rebuilt as a rococo palace of five-story facade, designed by Jakub Fontana. From ulica Senatorska, it is the second home front in the classical style. A new segment at the southern part of the building was built before 1795.
It then passed into the hands of the Rautenstrauchów family. In 1804 it was bought by the merchant Stefana Dobrycza.
Partially destroyed in 1944, and demolished for the construction of a major through route, it was rebuilt as it looked in the late 18th century, based on the design of Zygmunt St?pi?ski. In 2002-2003, it was restored.
Internally it is connected to the adjacent Johna Residence - the "House of Literature" (Polish Writers' Union).
- Bart?omiej Kaczorowski: Encyklopedia Warszawy. Warszawa: Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN, 1994. ISBN 83-01-08836-2. (in Polish)
- Jerzy S. Majewski: Warszawa nieodbudowana. Królestwo Polskie 1815-1840. Warszawa: VEDA, 2009. ISBN 978-83-61932-00-0. (in Polish)
- Images of the residence from 1939 (in Polish)