Seven Kings railway station

From Wiki
Revision as of 13:54, 30 June 2015 by Ingo Eigen (Talk | contribs) (Automatischer Import durch Python-Skript)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Template:Use dmy dates Template:Use British English Template:Infobox London station Seven Kings railway station is a railway station at Seven Kings in the London Borough of Redbridge in east London. It was opened on 1 March 1899 by the Great Eastern Railway on their Main Line which opened sixty years earlier.

Before the London Underground's Central line was extended from Stratford via Gants Hill to Newbury Park in 1947, Seven Kings was one of two junctions for the Fairlop Loop to Woodford via Hainault. Seven Kings West Junction (used for freight, excursion and empty stock traffic) was closed in 1956, though the other connection, from Ilford, was severed as early as 1947 due to the expansion of Ilford Carriage Sheds, which are easily visible from the western end of Seven Kings station. The carriage sheds comprise a large depot which includes two workshops.

It is planned that the Crossrail line will stop here form 2018. The station is in Travelcard Zone 4.

Train services

The typical off-peak service is of six trains per hour to Template:Stnlnk, and six to Template:Stnlnk. The services are operated by Greater Anglia. In 2018 trains will be extended through Central London to Heathrow Airport and Maidenhead.

Template:Rail start Template:S-rail-national Template:S-rail-national Template:S-note Template:S-line Template:S-end

References

Template:Reflist

Transport links

London bus routes 86 and N86.

External links

Template:Stn art lnk

Gallery

Template:Transport in London Template:UK railway stations Template:Crossrail navbox





Template:London-railstation-stub