Charenton-le-Pont is a commune in the southeastern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located Template:Convert from the centre of Paris. It is one of the most densely populated municipalities in Europe.
The Charenton Psychiatric Hospital is located in the neighbouring commune Charenton-Saint-Maurice, which changed its name in 1842 to Saint Maurice.
On 1 January 1860, the city of Paris was enlarged by annexing neighbouring communes. On that occasion, half of the commune of Bercy was annexed to the city of the Paris, and the remaining half was annexed to Charenton-le-Pont.
In 1929, the commune of Charenton-le-Pont lost about a third of its territory when the city of Paris annexed the Bois de Vincennes, a small part of which belonged to Charenton-le-Pont.
Charenton-le-Pont is served by two stations on Paris Métro Line 8: Liberté and Charenton — Écoles.
Twin towns – Sister cities
Charenton-le-Pont is twinned with:
- Template:Flagicon Trowbridge, United Kingdom<ref name="Archant twinning 3">Template:Cite web</ref><ref name="Trowbridge twinnings">Template:Cite news</ref>
- Essilor, headquarters.
- Natixis, the bank has three sites (Liberté 1, Liberté 2 et Bercy) with around 5,000 people.
- Crédit foncier de France, headquarters at 4 quai de Bercy.
- Porto Cruz, plant and distribution platform.
- Communes of the Val-de-Marne department