Esma Sultan Mansion
The Esma Sultan Mansion (Template:Lang-tr), a historical yal? (Template:Lang-en) located at Bosporus in Ortaköy neighborhood of Istanbul, Turkey and named after its original owner Esma Sultan, is used today as a cultural center after being redeveloped.
The three-storey brick building was designed by the renowned architect Sarkis Balyan and finished in 1875 next to Ortaköy Mosque. It was presented to Esma Sultan (1873-1899), the daughter of Ottoman Sultan Abdülaziz, as a wedding gift.
The mansion remained in the possession of the Ottoman dynasty until 1915. The building was used first as a tobacco warehouse and then as a coal depot from 1920 until 1975, when it was destroyed by a fire.
The ruin, consisting only of the outer walls of the building, was purchased in the early 1990s by The Marmara hotel chain. Following a renovation with additions designed by architect Gökhan Avc?o?lu, the mansion was opened in 2001 as a multipurpose event venue. Within the brick exterior, which was left as the original, a steel and glass structure is incorporated. The building includes a bar, a restaurant, and an event hall at several levels. The building is situated in a garden of Template:Convert. The ground floor is Template:Convert wide, Template:Convert long and Template:Convert high. The first floor is merged with the second floor, having dimensions of Template:Convert wide, Template:Convert long and Template:Convert high.
Esma Sultana Mansion, run by The Marmara Hotel chain as a venue for various meetings and conferences, offers banqueting space in a historical atmosphere for up to 1,000 guests in the garden, 180 guests in the ground floor and 330 guests in the first floor. Space for reception is available for up to 3,000 guests in the garden, 300 guests in the ground floor and 600 guests in the first floor. The venue also hosts concerts of the Istanbul International Jazz Festival and the Istanbul International Music Festival.
thumb seen from the inside of the mansion]]