Jardin des Serres d'Auteuil

From Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Jardin des Serres d'Auteuil (Template:IPA-fr) is a botanical garden set within a major greenhouse complex located at the southern edge of the Bois de Boulogne in the 16th arrondissement, with entry at 1 avenue Gordon-Bennett, Paris, France.

The site first served as a botanical garden in 1761 under Louis XV. Today's greenhouses were constructed 1895-1898 under the direction of Jean-Camille Formigé (1845-1926). In 1998 they became part of the Jardin botanique de la Ville de Paris.

Today the greenhouses produce about 100,000 plants per year for the interior decoration of municipal buildings. Exhibition greenhouses contain palm trees, succulents, and tropical collections, with substantial representation of Araceae, Begoniaceae, Bromeliaceae, Codiaeum, Peperomia, Philodendron, Rhipsalis, Rhododendron, Saintpaulia, and Zingiberaceae.

See also

  • List of botanical gardens in France

References

Template:Commons

Template:Coord



Template:Paris-geo-stub Template:France-garden-stub